Menu

_____________________

http://kinshop.co.za/pages/about-ushttp://kinshop.co.za/pages/contact

Thursday 9 July 2015

Meet Our KIN : Ruschka Du Toit

If you've been to KIN on Kloof since our June revamp, you will have noticed we've added some gorgeous new ledges that are home to our ever-growing array of illustrations & prints. Joining our forces of superbly talented KIN designers, we would like to introduce Ruschka du Toit! Ruschka creates beautiful, light-hearted illustrations, and we currently stock her lovely pen & ink and watercolour cards. Her unassuming drawings will instantly capture your heart - scroll down to view some and get to know a little more about this free-spirited Cape Town artist. 


What is your favourite part of the process? 
 
My favourite part is definitely when an illustration starts to come together and can stand back and see something that was only an idea in my head, take shape. I also really LOVE meeting the people who purchase my products – that is probably my favourite part. 



Why did you start making your products?
 

I was starting out as a freelance designer and illustrator and needed some extra money over the festive season so when I got an opportunity to sell some art at a Christmas market I decided to make some greeting cards just for fun. They pretty much sold out! Being a freelancer I am often required to follow a brief so my products are my creative outlet where I get to explore and just have fun. 


How are your products made?
 
All the illustrations for my stationery are original and 100% mine. I print my products on environmentally friendly paper in Cape Town. My artworks are all done by hand using ink, watercolour, gouache and collage.


What materials are your products made from?
 
My greeting cards are digitally printed on an environmentally friendly, uncoated paper called Munken (I love Munken papers!). Original illustrations are done using inks, watercolours and fineliner. I usually work on a 200gm (min) watercolour paper.



Do you source your raw materials in SA, if not, where in the world do they come from? 


All my products are printed locally and the paper I use for my cards are made at one of the world’s cleanest paper mills in Sweden.


Find Ruschka on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment