Menu

_____________________

http://kinshop.co.za/pages/about-ushttp://kinshop.co.za/pages/contact

Tuesday 17 February 2015

Introducing : Clay Creations 56

Perfect for holding anything from delicate pieces of jewellery to tasty nibbles, Clay Creations 56's ceramic bowls make exquisite gifts. From the smallest bowl to the largest round platter, each piece is hand-formed and has signature handpainted details. Debbi Radomsky chats about how her pieces are thought up, created and loved.


Why did you start making your products?

I've always been a numbers person and financially minded, but have also always had a passion to be creative and work with clay. Since starting, I am completely passionate about my ceramics and find it a good switch off from the numbers world too.

How are your products made?

All hand made - most using moulds to get the basic shapes

 
How did you learn to make what you do?


I attend ceramic classes but work mostly on my own and just use the studio for firing my work mainly.

What is your favourite part of the process?

Seeing how the products come out the kiln as things change when fired and you never sure how the final result will look.



"I am completely passionate about the ceramics range I make and enjoy every moment of my time spent creating each item. I love the creative process and experimenting with new and different techniques. I find time flies when I am creating and I completely lose myself to the outside world."
Debbi Radomsky

What materials are your products made from?

All ceramics made from clay, painted and then clear glazed applied and fired in the kiln.

Which part of the country, and which city do you make your products / have them made?
All in Cape Town

Are there are special care/cleaning methods we can suggest to customers?

I would suggest hand wash as items are delicate, although all products are dish washer (and oven) safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment